Recordkeeping and Reporting; Financial Management
(and Software for
Articles and book excerpts on this subject
- Inputs Matter, 68-page PDF by the Charity Finance Directors Group in the UK, with an Appendix on "The Development of Recommendations on Valuing Volunteers"
- Internal Controls, from the book Self-Help Accounting
- Measuring Up from Measuring Up: Assessment Tools for Volunteer Programs
- Meeting the New FASB Standards, a special paper by Bruce W. Bechtold, M.B.A. and Sharon L. Worley, C.P.A.
- Tracking Volunteer Time to Boost Your Bottom Line: A Complete Accounting Guide, by Dennis Walsh for Blue Avocado (2011).
- Treasurers of All-Volunteer Organizations: Eight Key Responsibilities, by Dennis Walsh for Blue Avocado (2010).
- The Volunteer Application Form, from the book Proof Positive
- Volunteer Management System: Standalone or Consolidated? by Chris Bernard on Engaging Volunteers blog, 2011
- When Is a Volunteer a Volunteer? by Barry VanderKelen for San Louis Obispo’s Web site (2008).
Free electronic books on this subject:
Monitoring Volunteers: A Guide to Collecting and Using Data by the Institute for Volunteering Research UK (16-pg PDF, 2008)
Web sites with information on this subject
Coyote Communications Listing of Volunteer Management Software
Jayne Cravens, expert on virtual volunteering, has compiled (and keeps updated) an advertising-free list of all available volunteer program management software she can identify.
Searchable list of software related to volunteers, volunteering, and volunteer management (provided by Prelude Interactive) at http://manage-volunteers.org/
Free site designed to enable anyone to quickly mobilize, coordinate , and schedule volunteers in their community, congregation and social network to accomplish projects more easily.
Revelant Hot Topic essays
- Is Volunteering the Emperor’s New Clothes? - Jul '12
- What Leaders of Volunteers Can DO to Gain Executive Attention - Oct '11
- When the Ax Falls: Budget Cutting and Volunteers - Dec '09
Online training for individuals, organizations or corporations to work successfully with volunteers. Learn more