The Virtual Volunteering Project, under the leadership of Jayne Cravens, operated until 2001 under the auspices of the Dana Center at the University of Texas at Austin. It was accessible through the Service Leader Web site and the site was revised in 2003 and older information -- particularly related to online mentoring -- was removed. Because the original Virtual Volunteering Project materials were so helpful (and frequently timeless), Energize has received permission to archive them here.
- direct contact online volunteers: online mentors, tutors, advisors and others working with clients (including students)
- "How do I know if my organization is ready to involve online mentors?"
- first steps: online volunteers working with clients (including online mentoring programs with students)
- activity ideas for online mentors and protegés
- key administrative and management tasks for an online mentoring program
- safety in online volunteering programs
- virtual volunteering tag lines (slogans)
- connecting humans: stories & essays on the positive side of online culture