Hagley Museum and Library seeks a Volunteer Manager to oversee the direction of Hagley’s Volunteer Engagement and the recruitment, hiring, orienting, assigning, and evaluating of volunteer staff. Cultivates relationships with social, civic and local organizations to raise awareness of Hagley’s volunteer opportunities and build a diverse base of volunteers. Coordinate and manage volunteer participation in all areas of the organization.
Working under the general supervision of the Associate Director of Volunteer Services, the Manager is responsible for all administrative tasks associated with volunteering for the Visitor Services Department and for implementation of all programs of work set by the Associate Director. Primary responsibilities include recruitment, training, placement and cultivation of volunteers, operational quality assurance, upkeep of program materials, and other administrative tasks.
The purpose of this position is to engage volunteers in support of Heritage Conservancy’s mission and to manage a program that will maximize volunteer opportunities. Additionally, work with other staff to engage groups on our properties in volunteer work days and/or outreach programs.
Carpenter’s Shelter seeks a dynamic, innovative, experienced Volunteer Coordinator to play a key role in our Development Office. This position requires a thoughtful, compassionate, detail oriented, well-organized individual with strong interpersonal, writing and communication skills. We are seeking a self-starter, who takes initiative, can multi-task, manage time wisely, think creatively and be a team player.
Under the supervision of the Director of Development, the Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for the daily management and coordination of the shelter’s volunteer programs, activities and more than 1,200 volunteers.
For more information:
Applicants should forward a cover letter with salary requirements and resume electronically to Monise W. Quidley, Director of Development at MoniseQuidley@CarpentersShelter.org by September 21, 2018. In the subject line, type: “Volunteer Coordinator.” No telephone calls accepted.
The Volunteer Relations Department at the Northern Division Headquarters of the Salvation Army is dedicated to securing volunteers to assist our officers and staff at numerous locations in North Dakota and Minnesota. Within the Twin Cities Metro Area we recruit volunteers to work at various sites and to assist with seasonal activities. Our goal is to insure that the volunteers have a quality experience.
Description of Position:
A volunteer relations assistant will assist the Volunteer Director and Volunteer Coordinator in a variety of tasks to assist in the recruitment of volunteers, relationships with volunteers, and any administrative tasks that may be needed.
• Keep the volunteer database up to date by entering and proofing contact information for volunteers as well as inputting volunteer hours
• Communicate with current and new volunteers regarding various opportunities as requested
• Draft position descriptions as needed
• Assist in compiling reports regarding volunteer data
• Send surveys and confirmation e-mails to volunteers as requested
• Research new volunteer groups for specific opportunities
• Help manage data entry for Safe From Harm training
• Additional duties as requested
• Moderate background in Microsoft Office and comfortable with new computer programs
• Ability to read and write well
• Social skills to engage with other
• Organized and attentive to details
• Interest in learning a variety of duties
• Willingness to take directions; good team player
• Willingness to adhere to policies and practices of The Salvation Army
• Willingness to maintain strict confidentiality of information regarding clients served