We have an immediate need to fill this critical and challenging position on our team to lead the Kitt Peak Visitor Center’s volunteer and membership programs. Requires an outgoing, energetic, friendly, energetic person and experience directly relevant to the position. Observe docent tours, provide feedback, respond to performance issues. Recruit, train new docents. The membership program requires timely response to applications, renewals, and donations; produce newsletter and plan events. The Visitor Center is located atop scenic mountain Kitt Peak, located 56 miles west of Tucson, Arizona. Detailed description at “careers” at www.noao.edu. Learn about the Visitor Center at www.noao.edu/kpvc. EEO/AA
For more information:
Detailed job description, requirements, and instructions are at "careers" at www.noao.edu. Provide cover letter describing qualifications relevant to the position description, resume or vitae, and 3 references.
The purpose of this position is to engage volunteers in support of Heritage Conservancy’s mission and to manage a program that will maximize volunteer opportunities. Additionally, work with other staff to engage groups on our properties in volunteer work days and/or outreach programs.
The Volunteer Relations Department at the Northern Division Headquarters of the Salvation Army is dedicated to securing volunteers to assist our officers and staff at numerous locations in North Dakota and Minnesota. Within the Twin Cities Metro Area we recruit volunteers to work at various sites and to assist with seasonal activities. Our goal is to insure that the volunteers have a quality experience.
Description of Position:
A volunteer relations assistant will assist the Volunteer Director and Volunteer Coordinator in a variety of tasks to assist in the recruitment of volunteers, relationships with volunteers, and any administrative tasks that may be needed.
• Keep the volunteer database up to date by entering and proofing contact information for volunteers as well as inputting volunteer hours
• Communicate with current and new volunteers regarding various opportunities as requested
• Draft position descriptions as needed
• Assist in compiling reports regarding volunteer data
• Send surveys and confirmation e-mails to volunteers as requested
• Research new volunteer groups for specific opportunities
• Help manage data entry for Safe From Harm training
• Additional duties as requested
• Moderate background in Microsoft Office and comfortable with new computer programs
• Ability to read and write well
• Social skills to engage with other
• Organized and attentive to details
• Interest in learning a variety of duties
• Willingness to take directions; good team player
• Willingness to adhere to policies and practices of The Salvation Army
• Willingness to maintain strict confidentiality of information regarding clients served
Vikara Village seeks a dynamic, creative, self-starter to assist with the creation and coordination of our volunteer program to aid the organization in the growth of its mission. The intern will assist with volunteer recruitment, communications and program development to involve a community of supporters in Vikara Village’s mission. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of volunteer management while working with an emerging community-based nonprofit organization.
For more information:
Please a send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Volunteer Management Intern Position open until filled.
As the Volunteer Engagement Intern, you will be part of a crucial role to work directly with the Community Engagement Manager to assist with the Chapter volunteer engagement program. Tasks include volunteer recruitment, recognition, and training, database management, and other organizational tasks that will assist in the day-to-day coordination of the volunteer program.